This article How to Hatha Yoga – Feel that Flex! is going to help you get a better understanding of this particular yoga practice. Topics such as What is Hatha Yoga, it’s usefulness, How to Hatha Yoga, and tips to remember will all be covered. Enjoy acquiring new knowledge or building on your knowledge foundation!
If you already know the benefits you are bound to get from Hatha Yoga, I suggest you take a look at the program on the right. Reviews have been raving about the healing results this program has brought upon many people’s lives. Click on the image on the right.
- Hatha Yoga is a form of Yoga that provides an opportunity to increase the flexibility of the body and the mind. It also provides health benefits to the immune system. Hatha yoga can be seen as a physical practice which consist of many poses including reaching, bending, twisting, balancing and squeezing.
- In Hatha Yoga, as is with many different forms of yoga, the breathing is very imperative. It helps the whole body and assists the body in a diverse way providing benefits to the muscles, organs, joints and mind.
- Hatha Yoga is a very ancient yoga. It was instigated thousands of years ago. Hatha yoga has assisted in the changing of the world in a positive manner due to the positive benefits it has provided its practitioners. It gave them value through a philosophy of life to accept and practice.
- The word Hatha is originated from the Sanskrit language and is trascribed as “force.” Hatha yoga techniques has many ancients roots dating back to far as the 1st millennium BCE texts. The actual phrase “Hatha Yoga” can be traced back to Sanskrit texts of about the 11th century CE.
- The Hatha Yoga has been known to provide benefits such as purification of blood and provides great flexibility to the body. It also helps the practitioners work on their breathing.
- Hatha yoga is practiced through several asanas; place which a practitioner sits and the posture they take on.
Who is Hatha Yoga Useful For
- Hatha Yoga is a physical practice yoga that can help practitioners with their reaching, bending, twisting, balancing or squeezing.
- Individuals can build their immunity to cardiovascular disease.
- It is fantastic for bone density building.
- Individuals who want to work on their hips and core muscles, particularly spine abs.
1.Stand/sit/practice with a straight back:
It is very vital to stand/sit/practice focusing a straight back, as opposed to hunching over. Even when doing the different yoga poses, it is always best practice to avoid hunching over or keeping your back in a form that is not straight.
2. Work with a Yoga Teacher:
It is imperative for this yoga practice, as is with all yoga practices, to do the different yoga poses correctly with good form. Learning good form by yourself can be difficult with video aids and images so it would be easier to work with a teacher in the beginning. The feedback you get from your Yoga teacher at the initial stages will be priceless.
3. Select the Best Time That Works For You:
With busy schedules and so many obligations, finding time to do Hatha Yoga can be hard at times. The first thing to recognize, with your mind, that you are going to get many physical and mental benefits from doing Hatha Yoga. This will help you from letting Hatha Yoga feel like a choir. Choosing to do yoga practices first thing in the morning can be beneficial for a few reasons. You get an opportunity to start your day off with a practice to improve your mental and physical health. You are less likely to have been worn out from the day to day stresses that arise throughout the day. Stretching your body about before starting your day is known to provide many health benefits.
4. Be Energetic at the During your Yoga Session:
It is very imperative to stay full of energy during the practice of any yoga because yoga necessitates a lot of attentiveness, focus and concentration. Coming into a yoga session tired or mood out will work against you and provide you with a less than adequate yoga session. Also, you may not finish the session if your energy is low. This can have implications for your upcoming yoga sessions where you feel you are not capable of completing the session.
5. Breathing Techniques:
When the person is doing any form of yoga, focus on breathing in and out with your nose. When breathing in, push your stomach out. When you are breathing out, pull your stomach in. This provides you an opportunity to fill your lungs more and get longer breaths. Practice this when your working or when your commuting to work. The better you get at this technique, the healthier and fuller you will breath.
In all practices of yoga, there will be postures involve twisting. These poses help to massage the entire visceral system. Moreover, it contributes to detoxify your glands and organs.
7 .Cool down with meditation
After you are done with your Hatha Meditation, make sure to lie down on your back, hands out and calm your mind and body. Focus on your breathing and give your body a few minutes to relax after an active yoga session.
- Hatha Yoga has different poses and postures. Practitioners should spend time learning all the techniques,
either through a teacher or through video and visual aids.
- When practicing any type of yoga, you should start with a warm up with some light stretching. This will assist in avoiding any injuries and stiffness to your body during the Yoga session.
- A satisfying Hatha Yoga session will have a variety of poses, postures and techniques which will include pranayama, bandha, mudra, meditation and relaxation. The variety will keep you engaged and and active.
- It is not advisable to force the muscles, joints, or limbs into any poses or postures you are not capable of doing at the time. This is a really good reason why you should train with a Yoga teacher to begin with and find out what your comfortable with and what you need to build on.
- Have a clear understanding of what Hatha yoga provides for you. It helps you to flex and stretch your body, and helps relax your mind, emotion, and spirit. Appreciate and be grateful for this opportunity to receive this benefits.
- When taking into consideration different asanas, the body will move forward, back, sideways, and twist on both sides. This is superior for harmonizing the spine, skeleton, joints, connective tissues and muscles.
- Know that the different poses and postures in Hatha Yoga maximize use of certain muscles while relaxing others. Understand which poses/postures utilize which muscles so when you are practicing Hatha Yoga, you can build and strengthen your body the way Hatha Yoga is intended to.
- In the beginning, incorporating correct breathing will be difficult. However, with practice will come an opportunity to build on your breathing technique. You will, through practice, incorporate correct and healthy breathing through your session. Understand that breathing right is a very important component in all practices of yoga and in life in general.
I hope you have learned a few things about Hatha Yoga. Keep in mind this is an ancient technique used by our ancestors and has lasted the test of time to be available for your use. The healthy affects you receive mentally, emotionally, physically and within your spirits are great with Hatha Yoga and I am excited for you to feel the benefits of it all.
Have a great day today,